Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ALA 2010!

I'm heading down to D.C. tomorrow for my very first ALA National Conference.  And, I'm really, really, really, excited.  I have scheduled and double-scheduled and triple-scheduled myself into sessions and happy-hours, and poster-sessions and lectures, and can't wait to meet and hear and just be inundated with the library masses.  

Here are some of the things that look especially appealing to me:

Friday:  
The Unconference / Town Hall Meeting on Diversity (Same time, different   places -decisions!)
Opening Exhibits
Resident Happy Hour in Dupont Circle (Come if you can - we're meeting at the ALA store at 7pm and then taking the metro.)

Saturday: 
LIS Doctoral Program Options Fair
POSTER SESSIONS!!!
Salmon Rushdie / Pecha Kucha Presentations of Marketing Ideas / BCALA     International Filmmakers in the DC Area  (All at the same time! What a cruel world.)
What to do Before you Digitize
Toni Morrison / University Libraries Happy Hour (ugh! same time!)

Sunday:  
Residency Interest Group Meeting
Digitization: Preserving African American Collections & Dave Isay
Teaching AAME Resources by Using Primary Source Materials
POSTER SESSIONS!
 Bookcart Drill Team World Championship (YESSSSSS!!)

Monday:  
Fundraising 101 / Graphic Novel Panel
President's Program: For the love of reference
Exhibits Closing (free swag!)
Battledecks: ALA Rumble Royal (I want to do this next year!!)

Tuesday:  
Amy Sedaris!!!

I have even more on my schedule and lunches and dinners, but this is an idea of what I'd LIKE to attend at ALA.  I know I'm going to miss some stuff or end up at something unplanned, but I'm sure the whole thing will be a big fat great tiring time.  

I'd love to hear from anyone attending and find out what you're most excited about seeing, hearing or attending.  Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment