Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year Inspiration

Hey Oh! Happy New Year All! I've been looking for a little inspiration to get me going this year. I had some fun helping to shelve the massive amount of books returned at the end of last semester and put my old paging skills to the test with the art books. I don't know why I haven't thought of this before! I found it a great way to see what students and faculty are checking out, what sections need some maintenance and what could get weeded. For liaison librarians, I recommend this if you want to do a quick assessment of your subject area. But, I was still not getting that yeah! You know, YEAH! I LOVE BEING A LIBRARIAN!! -kind of boost, that I think I need right now.

And then I saw this video. Granted, it takes place in a bookstore, but still makes me proud that I get to work with the very items that so many people love and find inspiring. So much so, that they took enormous amounts of time and manpower to make the most adorable stop motion video. Love, love! ENJOY! and Happy Book Reading in 2012! PS -Great original music, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment