Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Conference Season!

Once again it's conference and poster season! Although, it almost feels like that aspect of librarianship is a constant. Sure, there are more in the spring and summer, but you could probably find a librarian or librarian-related conference almost any week of any year. Well that's just me speculating, anyway. The  poster I displayed at the National Diversity In Libraries Conference last summer, will be up on Thursday at the Maryland/Delaware Librarians Association conference. I finally got around to putting the poster up on slideshare and can therefore share with you some of the research I did from last year.

I was hoping to attend but will not be able to due to personal reasons. Nothing serious, only good!  I will also be signing off from the Bookie for a couple of months due to the same happy personal reasons.  But, don't despair! I've found a wonderful replacement for May. Hannah Lee, the Pauline A. Young Residency Librarian from Delaware will be posting for a few weeks, and she's pretty awesome. You will soon see!

Click "Menu" and "View full screen" in order to enlarge.

As for my research from last year, I'm really hoping to finally get an article together by the end of the summer on all of my findings, but in the meantime, I'll be peddling this poster. Please let me know if you would like to talk about it, or get involved in this research in any way. I'd love to hear from you!

See you all soon & happy conferencing!

No comments:

Post a Comment